Invitation for Expressions of Interest (EOI)
National Institute of Circus Arts (NICA), June 2016
The National Institute of Circus Arts (NICA) is one of the world’s leading training and education institutions in circus arts. Over the years, it has produced many national and international circus artists who now actively perform and are employed by major Circus and Physical Theatre companies around the world.
NICA’s primary objective is to provide the best educational programs in circus arts for young and emerging artists. In order to continue to offer the best circus arts education programs and to further develop our courses, NICA would like to invite talented and experienced circus educators and trainers to lodge an Expression of Interest (EOI) to register with NICA for possible future work. From time to time we have vacancies for casual employment, and NICA would like to provide opportunities for those interested to be considered.
NICA is seeking trainers who have a combination of circus basic and specialty skills.
Trainers must have experience with at least three of the following skills: flexibility, basic handstands, basic tumbling, basic manipulation or basic partner work.
Ideally potential trainers must demonstrate experience with one or two different circus specialties in addition to those that NICA currently offers. A list of current specialities can be obtained on request.
The following knowledge, skills and experience should be used as a guide before applying:
· A qualification in Circus Arts, Performing Arts or other related field.
· A teaching qualification (minimum Certificate IV in TAE); a Higher Education Teaching qualification would be an advantage
· An employment record with national/international reputable circus companies and/or ten years’ experience in circus training
· An understanding and demonstrated experience in the creation and execution of both traditional and contemporary circus educational programs.
· A minimum of 10 years performing and teaching experience in speciality areas
· A strong collegiate approach and a willingness to adhere to training approaches at NICA
· Updated OH&S qualifications (or units within a qualification); First Aid Certificate essential.
· Experience with computer skills and technology
· The capacity to work individually and be able to run a group of up to 10 students in circus classes
Please send your EOI including your current CV to:
Operations Manager (Human Resources)
National Institute of Circus Arts
PO Box 1277
Windsor, Victoria 3181, Australia
NICA accepts CV's from potential Circus Trainers throughout the year.
Contact NICA directly to register your interest.
Australia's only degree
course for professional
available for hire
of Excellence in
Term Classes for
Children, Teens & Adults
& marginalised groups
through circus for social
We’ll create a tailored
workshop to suit your
On site or at NICA.